Friday, February 13, 2009

The puppies first taste of food!




Today I started the puppies on their weaning mush. The weaning diet is blended puppy kibble that I mix with water for the puppies. I put the pan down, then called "puppy, puppy, puppy!"..all the puppies ran over to the pan to investigate and then they jumped right in! It's always so much fun to see them with their first meal, something so new to them. They all seemed to enjoy eating the food, then cleaning it off each other. Chandra gets to come in after the puppies have finished and clean up the bowl and the puppies, something she was really excited about :) They puppies are getting so big and they have teeth now! I'm sure she'll be very happy about them being weaned. I weighed the puppies today and they are all over 4.5 lbs, some are even getting close to 5 lbs.

No comments: